As most of you know, 2006 was a difficult year for Pluto. It had been a member of the "Solar System Planet Club" since 1930. But in August, it got kicked out because a group of astronomers changed the rules of membership. They decided that for a body to be termed a "planet," it must "dominate its orbit." Since Pluto doesn't, it's been downgraded to "minor planet" status and given the number 134340.
Here are some candidates for Plutofication. What can you add to the list?
- What if we Plutofied the letter "C" from the Roman alphabet? "S" and "K" can do the job just as well. And 25 letters can be neatly arranged into a nifty 5 x 5 matrix.
- I think baseball would be a lot more exciting if the Commissioner Plutofied the position of "center fielder." There would be lots more running in the outfield, and more runs scored!
- Plutofying the "Ten Lords A-Leaping" from the "12 Days of Christmas" would make it more egalitarian and less stressful.
- One of the goals of the Gates Foundation seems to be Plutofying Pestilence from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Think of how the New Testament would change if the Gospel of Luke were Plutofied.
- The Dow Jones 30 market average would improve if Intel were Plutofied.
- Seven dwarves is too many. Plutofy "Grumpy" (you could do this by giving him antidepressants).
- Salad forks from from the set of dinner utensils.
- The are many weeks I'd like to Plutofy Monday from Days of the Week. Just jump from Sunday right into Tuesday. Doesn't most of the world's work get done on Tuesday anyway? Six days in a week has a nice feel to it.
What would you like to Plutofy? What would the consequences be?