Let's check in with the Creative Whack Pack for some inspiration. Here goes. It's card #2: "Ask Why?" Let's see what it says.
Leonardo da Vinci: "I roamed the countryside searching for answers to things I did not understand. Why shells exist on the tops of mountains along with imprints of plants usually found in the sea. Why thunder lasts longer than that which causes it. How circles of water form around the spot which has been struck by a stone. And how a bird suspends itself in the air. Questions like these engaged my thought throughout my life."
Curiosity is wonderful! It jump starts the creative process. It makes us ask questions. It encourages us to go beyond current right answers. It makes us become explorers.
These are the things I'm curious about today.
• Why does the moon appear much larger when it's on the horizon than when it's overhead?
• Why the vast majority of people would prefer NOT to know exactly how long they will live?
• Why happiness is the absence of striving for happiness?
• Why giving your money away makes you feel rich?
• Why the best time to buy stocks when is most people are panicking?
• Why do adults (over 25) use Twitter? (Personally, I have enough on my hands with my own innocuous thoughts. Also, I'm trying to strengthen my ability to concentrate and not be distracted. I think anyone who is trying to get something done would try to do the same. Why use yet another technology that runs counter to that?)• Why do women put up with men?
• Why real knowledge is knowing the extent of one's ignorance?
•Why can some people can laugh at themselves and why others are easily offended?
• Why is that sometimes we'll spend a lot of thought and time on a post and receive one comment, and sometimes we'll take five minutes to throw something out and end up generating a lot of conversation?
• Why, if we call oranges "oranges," don't we call bananas "yellows," or apples "reds"?
• Why having three times as much money makes people only marginally happier?
[As you can see, I'm not in Leonardo's league, but these should get me through the morning.]
What are you curious about? Why?