Question: What things and activities do you think will be demonized in the next two years? In other words, what activities will some zealous groups equate to "evil"?
In the 1980s, wearing coats made of animal fur was demonized.
In the 1990s (and beyond), owning an SUV was demonized.
In this decade, using carbon-based energy is demonized (in the name of global warmism).
This has some interesting ramifications. A few of the growing list of things that are being demonized:
- Food that has been transported over 100 miles.
- People who fly on airplanes (especially for their vacations)
- Incandescent light bulbs (even those in your refrigerator)
- Driving anything except a hybrid
- People who question the validity of "man-made global warming" theory
- Going out for a drive in the country
- Using plastic bags
I've read recently about women who have voluntarily undergone sterilization because, as one of them put it:
"Just about the worst thing imaginable is creating more human life that will produce more CO2."
I guess in their minds they've demonized human life.
Question: What specific things and activities do you think will be demonized in the next two years?